Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You
Since I read and write contemporary romance, I will focus on that, of course!
I cannot pick just one…. But I have two favorites that after reading them I said I had to reread them again in that moment.
And since it makes me sad not to have a Jill Shalvis book on my faves, I will list one of hers.
Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Simply Irresistable by Rachel Gibson
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Making Waves by Tawna Fenske – I’m a woman of habit, meaning I usually buy authors I know and love or series/lines I’ve been faithful to. However, I decided to risk it on Tawna and boy was I surprised. Great fun read!
Fifty Shades of Grey series – I know, I know…. Some you hate it, but I loved it! J I didn’t even want to read it, but heard so much about it, I had to read it.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
All and everything by Jill Shalvis! If you haven’t read any of her books, you better get one NOW!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
There are two series: Lucky Harbor Series by Jill Shalvis and Fool’s Gold Series by Susan Mallory
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Shannon Stacy, Susan Mallory and Bella Andre
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Siren by Tiffany Reisz – What a deep, enthralling story! Tiffany wowed me in so many ways. I was deeply disturbed by many things in this book, yet I couldn’t put it down. Also made me more interested in Erotica. Plus there are others in the series… on my TBR list.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
See above! J
9. 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
My faves that were listed in Number 1. I’d like to reread Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie, too, because I remember laughing my ass off and I need a good laugh.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
There’s so many. The latest I read is a GREAT cover – eye-stopping! The Risk-Taker by Kira Sinclair
And so you won’t think I’m just into Man Candy, I also love this one… Slow Summer Kisses by Shannon Stacey
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
James Fraser in The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Tiffany Reisz knocked my pants off with her writing in The Siren, but since I already mentioned her, I will mention that Bella Andre writes some beautiful sex scenes.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
I would say Jill Shalvis’s books have an impact on me, because I want to write like her!
Pride and Prejudice would also be on my list. I read it at least once a year, because I love it so much!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Now I have no time to read the others in the series, but I can’t wait.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
“Because you aren't just someone I loved back then. You were my best friend, my best self, and I can't imagine giving that up again." He hesitated searching for the right words. "You might not understand, but I gave you the best of me, and after you left, nothing was ever the same.” Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
“Accept that some days you’re the bug, and some days you’re going to be the windshield.” The Sweetest Thing, Jill Shalvis
“Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, someone will hand you a shovel.” Simply Irresistable, Jill Shalvis
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: No Mistletoe Required by Jeannette Murray
Longest: The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Fifty Shades of Grey has always been a conversation with other women, hence the reason why I had to read it. I was lucky enough to like it.
The Siren – So many dark, deep issues that I tried to talk to my hubby about and he was like…”What the hell are you reading? You like that stuff?” HAHA.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry – I’m currently reading this as an ARC. The two characters are both going through tough times, but they help each other get through it and help discover a new side to themselves. They are lovely, have me smiling, and rooting for them.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry. I’ve read her many times with Harlequin Blaze and Harlequin Superromance. This one was self-published and wonderful!
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (optional)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Sara at Harlequin Junkie – www.harlequinjunkie.com
We love all the same books, so it’s great to find book recommendations from her. Also, she has wonderful giveaways!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie - http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-tea-32612.html
Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis - http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/2012/04/tuesdaytea-head-over-heels-by-jill.html I’m especially proud of this one since Jill shared it with her readers on Facebook!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog? About Fifty Shades of Grey. I had to vent and others had major opinions about the book.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
Discussion about traditional vs. self-publishing
Discussion about traditional vs. self-publishing
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I enjoy participating in the Wednesday’s Writer’s Words of Wisdom. Authors give advice about promotion, marketing,etc. Great for a newbie author like me.
Also, Carrie Ann Ryan’s Blog Hops have been a success. I do one of these a month.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Starting my blog in March of 2012!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Here are my top posts:
Christian Grey is My Hump Day Hunk – I still get hundreds of views a week on this one. I had to stop Hump Day Hunks as hubby didn’t like them. ;( http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/2012/05/christian-grey-is-my-hump-day-hunk.html
Favorite Romantic Movie #1: Young Victoria
Busted for Reading Romance
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My announcement that my novel was contracted!
Time Changes Everything – Here I Come 2013
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Listening to books while cooking, doing chores, etc. Audible.com, baby!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
My goal was to read 60 books this year. I only read 52! So close!!!!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
I have a post dedicated to this coming in the next week. You have to wait and see! J
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
This year my first book will be published. Most of my goals are writing related. This year I want to read 60 books (again) and have a more consistent blogging schedule.
Thanks for stopping by!